POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? : Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Major bug in MegaPOV Plus?
From: Warp
Date: 9 Sep 2000 18:21:15
Message: <39bab7db@news.povray.org>
Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
: And why such a strong reaction to my wanting to know the data structures
: and algorithms behind the STL before learning the STL itself?

  I'm sorry.
  My strong reaction was not to that. Of course it's important to know how
does a class work before using it. For example, I myself didn't use the
deque class in my programs until someone told me exactly how does it work,
although people had recommended me to use it for a specific task. After
I was aware of how it works I realized that it really is perfect for that
specific task and I started using it.

  My strong reaction was to the negative attitude against the STL which you
showed (or at least I got that impression). Nothing personal :)